Philips Hue Smart Light Bulb Competitor
Philips Hue White Bulb
Hue (US version here).
Most people are working from home due to Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 pandemic. Philips Hue smart light bulbs are suitable for both working and relaxation. During movie or gaming time, use HDMI Sync Box to synchronize the room color with move or game.
With more than 100 years of history, Philips is synonymous with lighting. Philips Hue is the smart home lighting which includes smart LED light bulbs. Philips Hue Bridge is the controller for the smart bulbs. Smart features like motion detection can be added easily by connecting motion detector to the bridge.
However, the starting cost of Philips Hue smart LED light bulbs is higher due to the bridge. In addition, the power rating of the bulbs is either US 120VAC or UK 240VAC. In Asia, US models are suitable for Japan and Taiwan only while UK models are suitable for most Asian countries.
Why This Smart Light Bulb Competitor is Our Top Choice
Philips Hue is our top choice of best smart LED light bulb for many reasons. First of all, it’s a reputable household brand name. Here are the top 3 reasons why we like this brand:
- Save time on setting the correct atmosphere by choosing the preset light recipes and scenes.
- Compatible with smart speakers like Amazon Echo.
- International delivery is available.
How This Smart Light Bulb Competitor Brightens Up Our Home
As we’re spending more hours at home, Philips Hue smart light bulbs are essential in setting up the correct atmosphere. Use cool daylight for working and any color combination for movie or game time. This smart light bulb can do the followings:
- Free Hue app for organizing individual lights into rooms; choosing 16 million colors or any shade of white light, 4 preset light recipes (energize, concentrate, read and relax), over 30 scenes; automating lighting routines; automatically turning on when you arrive or turning off when you leave home; creating personal sleep routines and more.
- Switch the light with either the app from anywhere, or voice command while at home.
- Work or relax by choosing the preset light recipes.
- More than 16 million colors to transform the room into party, game or any atmosphere.
- Sync the room color to the rhythm of movie, music or game.
When Our Smart Light Bulb Competitor Becomes Even Better
This best smart light bulb is better without the following issue:
- Unlike LIFX, Philips Hue smart light bulb requires a bridge to work.
- It doesn’t have universal power rating for the bulbs.
- Warranty should not be limited in the country of origin.
What to Check Before Buying
Verify that you can download the free app and run the app in your smartphone. If you can’t find this app in your local Google Play store or Apple App Store, then download it from US app store directly.
Where to Go From Here
Due to the international shipping costs and custom duties, it’s worth buying locally even when the price is slightly higher than overseas prices.The only 2 reasons why you should buy the recommended items here are: 1) the items are not available locally, 2) the local prices are significantly higher.
Philips Hue is our top choice of best smart home LED light bulbs but don’t just take our words for it. Explore our first choice for more comparisons.
Interested in finding out what other best smart home devices can work with this smart light bulb while staying at home? Check out our home page for more best smart home ideas.
We love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.
Philips Hue Videos
Leave A Comment