TP-Link Smart Power Plug Competitor
TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
TP-Link (SG version, US version).
Most people are asked to work from home due to Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 pandemic. TP-Link smart power plugs help to manage the increased usage of lighting and home electronics by everybody in the household. In addition, we don’t need to worry about disinfecting the power switches since the power switching is touch-free.
These smart plugs don’t require a hub because they work as standalone Wi-Fi devices. Since they’re compatible with smart speakers, we can switch the connected home appliances with voice commands. The smart features include remote switching, scheduling, away mode and energy monitoring. The low price range as compared to many other brands makes them very attractive.
However, the app design is not as user-friendly as Wemo. For instance, there’s no option to name or describe the schedules. After a while, we end up with many schedules in the app and it becomes a challenge to remember the purpose of each schedule.
Why This Smart Power Plug Competitor is Our Top Choice
TP-Link smart power plugs are very useful for touch-free control of connected appliances. In addition, they’re good at managing the power usage. These’re the 3 major reasons why we place it as our top choice:
- The device cost is lower than many other competitors making it very cost-attractive.
- Good for touch-free control where disinfecting can be time consuming and troublesome.
- Both scheduling and timer functions are available for reducing energy wastage.
How This Smart Power Plug Competitor Controls Our Appliances
Touch-free control is more than welcomed where Coronavirus spreading is still a concern. Meanwhile, it’s necessary to manage home energy usage when more people are staying home. This smart power plug can do the following:
- Free Kasa app for monitoring and controlling connected home appliances, automatic switching based on schedule, ‘away mode’ and more.
- Use app or voice commands for touch-free control.
- Minimize power wastage by switching off lights or appliances automatically with schedule or timer function.
- Select ‘away home’ for random light switching at night.
When Our Smart Power Plug Competitor Becomes Even Better
Areas of improvement for this smart power plug:
- The user interface in the app should be improved so that it’s more user-friendly like Wemo.
- The plug type should be of universal type like traveler adapter where the same model can be used in any country.
- Warranty should be applicable world-wide.
What to Check Before Buying
Verify that you can download the free app and run the app in your smartphone. If you can’t find this app in your local Google Play store or Apple App Store, then download it from US app store directly.
Where to Go From Here
Due to the international shipping costs and custom duties, it’s worth buying locally even when the price is slightly higher than overseas prices. The only 2 reasons why you should buy the recommended items here are: 1) the items are not available locally, 2) the local prices are significantly higher.
TP-Link is our top choice of best smart power plugs but don’t just take our words for it. Explore our first choice for more comparison.
Interested in finding out what other best smart home devices that can work with this smart power plug? Check out our home page for more best smart home ideas.
We love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below
Leave A Comment