Philips Hue Smart Starter Kit Competitor
Philips Hue Starter Kit
Hue (US version here).
Most people are working from home due to Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 pandemic. Philips Hue smart starter kits are suitable for both working and relaxation. During movie or gaming time, use HDMI Sync Box to synchronize the room color with move or game.
With more than 100 years of history, Philips is synonymous with lighting. Philips Hue is the smart home lighting which includes smart LED light bulbs. Philips Hue Bridge is the controller for the smart bulbs. Smart features like motion detection can be added easily by connecting motion detector to the bridge.
However, the starting cost of Philips Hue smart starter kits is higher due to the bridge. In addition, the power rating of the bulbs is either US 120VAC or UK 240VAC. In Asia, US models are suitable for Japan and Taiwan only while UK models are suitable for most Asian countries.
Why This Smart Starter Kit Competitor is Our Top Choice
Philips Hue is our top choice of best smart starter kit for many reasons. First of all, it’s a reputable household brand name. Here are the top 3 reasons why we like this brand:
- Save time on setting the correct atmosphere by choosing the preset light recipes and scenes.
- Compatible with smart speakers like Amazon Echo.
- Accessories like motion sensor, outdoor sensor, smart plug, HDMI sync box and more are available for future expansion.
How This Smart Starter Kit Competitor Creates the Right Ambiance
As we’re spending more hours at home, Philips Hue smart LED light bulbs are essential in setting up the right ambiance for working as well as other fun activities. This smart starter kit is good at the following:
- Free Hue app for organizing individual lights into rooms; choosing 16 million colors or any shade of white light, 4 preset light recipes (energize, concentrate, read and relax), over 30 scenes; automating lighting routines; automatically turning on when you arrive or turning off when you leave home; creating personal sleep routines and more.
- Switch the light with either the app from anywhere, or voice command while at home.
- Work or relax by choosing the preset light recipes.
- More than 16 million colors to transform the room into party, game or any atmosphere.
- Sync the room color to the rhythm of movie, music or game.
When Our Smart Starter Kit Competitor Becomes Even Better
This best smart starter kit would have been better with the following improvements:
- The bridge is driving up the cost, it should be free.
- If the bridge cannot be free, then it should work as a controller which is compatible to 3rd-party smart devices.
- Universal power rating for the smart light bulbs.
- Warranty should not be limited in the country of origin.
What to Check Before Buying
Verify that you can download the free app and run the app in your smartphone. If you can’t find this app in your local Google Play store or Apple App Store, then download it from US app store directly.
Where to Go From Here
Due to the international shipping costs and custom duties, it’s worth buying locally even when the price is slightly higher than overseas prices.The only 2 reasons why you should buy the recommended items here are: 1) the items are not available locally, 2) the local prices are significantly higher.
Philips Hue is our top choice of best starter kit but don’t just take our words for it. Explore our first choice for more comparisons.
Interested in finding out what other best smart home devices can work with this smart starter kit while staying at home? Check out our home page for more best smart home ideas.
We love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.
Philips Hue Videos
Leave A Comment